1. The first tip for sore fingers guitar is to get an easy to play guitar. Nylon string guitars and electric guitars are much easier on your hands. It’s much easier to hold down the strings.
2. With a classical or acoustic guitar, lower the action. It’s the distance from the string to the actual neck. Aim for around 1.5mm at the 1st fret and 5mm at the 12th fret of your guitar. Your fingers will not hurt as much when the action is lower.
3. If you are using a steel string acoustic, start with strings that have a lighter gauge. Lighter gauge strings can help your fingers from getting too sore.
4. Try soaking your fingers in vinegar for half a minute. Let them dry and then start practicing.
5. After you wash your hands, use rubbing alcohol on the tips of your fingers then play after they are dry.
More Sore Fingers Guitar Solutions
Click the ‘Read More’ for more tips… [Read more…]